The Indian Army is the land based branch and the largest component of Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
Recruitment Name – 130th TECHNICAL GRADUATE COURSE (TGC-130) (Jan 2020)
Applications are invited from unmarried Male Engineering Graduates for 130th Technical Graduate Course (commencing in Jan 2020 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun) for permanent commission in the Indian Army.
Total no. of posts – 40 posts
Qualification – B.Tech/B.E
Location – Across India
Last Date to Apply – 09/05/2019
Age – 21 – 27 years
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. The candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Jan 2020 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate within the specified time.
A candidate must be unmarried male and must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will attach such certificate along with the application.
Candidates must note that for induction to Pre Commission Training Academy, after final selection, the minimum educational qualification is passing BE/B. Tech degree in the Engineering streams as notified below at Para 3.
Therefore, to become eligible for induction into TGC-130 course at IMA, Dehradun, candidates studying in final year of engineering must ensure that he submits the proof of his passing Engg degree exam by 01 Jan 2020 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his candidature will be canceled.
How to Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on a website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”.
Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’.
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under the Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under
- Personal information, Communication details, Education details anddetails of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your
information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Then click on ‘Submit Now’ only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in.
- Candidates must click ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number,
30 minutes after the final closure of online application.